Monday, August 8, 2011
17 Weeks & Back to Work
Well, the summer break, and all of its leisure time, is officially over. I had to face the harsh reality that I will not be able to take a nap whenever I feel like it (all of the time), nor will I be able to read a book from cover-to-cover in a day. It was good while it lasted, and let's face it, just *getting* a summer break is a luxury! Just ask James....
I started back to school this week, and I am very excited about my two new buildings, Leawood Middle School and Lakewood Middle School. I'm also completing my administration practicum this year, so that will be an added bonus to my responsibilities! Luckily I love what I do!!
"Does this make me look fat?"
The hardest part of the week was the realization that I've been wearing the same five items of stretchy, casual (PJ-like) clothing all summer. While I can SQUEEZE into my work clothes, it ain't pretty. Sadly, my friends in the area who had babies recently have also recently already given their maternity clothes away! I'm not joking, four friends said they would love to let me borrow their clothes, but they are already out on loan. Bummer! I bought a few key pieces of clothing, but there's something annoying about buying stuff you know you'll only wear for a few more months. The good news? Maternity clothes are beyond comfortable. Seriously, why wasn't I shopping in the maternity section years ago?! Waistbands, buttons, and zippers are so overrated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"Waistbands, buttons, and zippers are so overrated!" Haa! Too funny, Beth.
You look great! Also, try Target for clearance maternity clothes--they usually have a lot on the 75% off rack :)
Since you work in 2 buildings, you might be able to save on money & buying clothes. My sister works 3 days a week in 3 different hospitals. She would wear the same outfit 3 times to 3 different work places. Nobody ever knew, and she could get away with buying less!
Seriously. Nobody will know. When it gets colder, you could wear simple black or khaki pants, a plain shirt & make it different with a scarf!
I'll miss seeing you grow at OHE!
Post a Comment