Monday, July 11, 2011

13 Weeks

13 weeks

This has been such a great week!   I am feeling better, and James and I have enjoyed getting to share the news with everyone.  It was fun to hear how some friends had suspected I was pregnant, and others were totally shocked.  I have also enjoyed all of the pregnancy advice, ranging from "Stay Active!" to "Relax away!"  I don't think every mom-to-be enjoys unsolicited advice, but I sure do--I've never done this before, and I love knowing what works for others!


One of the best pieces of advice I am taking is that life doesn't have to stop because of a baby.  Saturday evening we went on a new Lawrence phenomenon, the Pedal Hopper, which is basically a moving bar for a party (one of James' friend/co-worker's birthday) that everyone has to pedal under their bar stool in order to get the bar to move.   This actually turned out to be a minor workout.  I didn't pedal, but those who did definitely worked up a sweat.  It was a great time, and everyone was amazed at what a show stopped the Pedal Hopper turned out to be.  Everywhere we went, people were smiling and taking pictures, and I would definitely recommend the experience!



 


No comments: